2024 Club Rules Summary
2024 Member Rules and Regulations – SummaryGeneral Rules- Refer to “Member Rules” document, available at Front Desk or email [email protected]
- All players, player’s families, barn workers, and guests are required to conduct themselves with civility to others, including staff, and respect all notices of the club
- Waivers must be signed by everyone using the club facility in order to use the facility
- Dues, lesson fees, boarding fees, Tennis, and Food & Beverage will be billed on a monthly basis and must be paid within the calendar month to maintain accounts in good standing. Finance charges will be assessed on overdue accounts and may be revoked if not overdue charges are not resolved
- Specific Polo Tournament and League fees must be paid by published due dates, regardless of the monthly portion of the member’s bill. All tournament/ league fees MUST be paid before the draw or first day of polo, whichever is most applicable. No exceptions
Polo Seasonal Members
- Polo- League and Tournament players have full membership rights to stick and ball, arena use. Full use of tennis and swim when not in use by camp/ tennis/ swim members
- Riding memberships and guest players not playing a full league are limited to the arena/ track when available and the specific polo activity that they entered
- All horses at SBPRC must be maintained in good health. Members are responsible for horses under their care and use, including rental horses
- All horses at SBPRC must be current on vaccinations and in case of a health emergency, the club reserves the right to quarantine horses or deny use of grounds (for example EHV1 issues)
- Stabling billing and categories- see Stabling letter. https://sbpolo.com/web/pages/stabling-rates-policies. NO subletting of prepaid stabling, all stabling assignments at the discretion of Polo Manager
- Stick and ball field- No singles or short work.
- Lessons- Only the SB Polo Academy is allowed to provide public lessons. Pros with current, active memberships at the club may maintain specific client relationships, provided all other regulations are followed and applicable fees are paid to the club
- Arena- The arena is open to polo horses belonging to players with current league entries and riding memberships. In case of safety conflicts with Polo Academy lessons, the lesson takes priority
- Boarding- Polo Ponies, retired polo ponies belonging to members, and approved polo ponies in training may be boarded at the club.
- Approval for boarding and arena use is at the evaluation and discretion of the Polo Manager
- All polo is to be played in a sportsmanlike manner, following USPA best practices
- All league and tournament players must have current USPA memberships
- Code of conduct, rule violations, and delinquent club payments, including pros, may result in suspension of playing privileges without refunding playing fees
- Members and guests are required to follow all rules and maintain good conduct
- Unsupervised children (under 16) are not allowed and may be denied privileges.
- All dogs must be well behaved, leashed in public areas, NO dogs allowed on track or stick and ball